Elections in Pilot Point are non-partisan. Candidacy is open to any person over 18 years of age who meets the following qualifications for office:
- No candidate may file in a single election for more than one office or position as provided by City Charter
- The office of an incumbent elected City official shall become vacant when the person holding such office files an application to have his or her name placed on an official ballot as a candidate for any elective public office other than the one such person holds, unless otherwise prohibited by law
- Shall comply with all other City ordinances or resolution that may be applicable
- Shall have resided within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least six months prior to the filing date
- Shall meet all requirements to be a qualified voter set forth in the Texas Election Code no later than the application filing deadline
- Shall provide proof of being a United States Citizen and being at least eighteen years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing
In accordance with State law, candidate filing for the November 8, 2022 Special Election begins Friday, August 12, 2022 and will end on Thursday, August 25, 2022.
Qualified persons may file as a candidate between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the City Secretary's Office at City Hall, 102 East Main Street.
Candidate packets may be obtained from the City Secretary's Office beginning August 12, 2022.
For additional information about City elections, please contact the City Secretary’s Office at 940-324-5027.