The Pilot Point Community Center is looking for volunteers for its SPAN Meals on Wheels program.
"We have lost several volunteers recently and are in pretty desperate need of some help," Jamie Huffman, one of the volunteer drivers, said in an email request.
The greatest need is each week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to deliver the Pilot Point route. It typically takes about an hour to leave home, pick up the food at the Senior Center and deliver the meals. Volunteers are also needed to fill in from time to time on a weekly or monthly basis.
If you would like to volunteer, please complete a SPAN Volunteer Application (PDF) and contact Tammy at 686-2639 or visit the Pilot Point Senior Center at 310 South Washington Street.
Rental of Community Center Facilities
If you are interested in renting the Community Center building please contact the Pilot Point Community Library between the hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, excluding holidays. To download a copy of the Community Center Rental Agreement.
Reservations are handled through the Pilot Point Community Library and must be made at least two (2) business days before the required date of the event. Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be confirmed with a signed application, damage deposit and payment. To check availability of the Community Center Facilities you may call the Library at 940-686-5004 or come to the Library located at 324 W. Washington Street. No oral agreements for the use of the facilities are valid.
- All payments made less than two weeks in advance of the rental date must be paid in cash, money order or by cashier's check.
- All rental fees are due one week prior to rental date. If rental fees are not paid one week prior to rental date, then the deposit will be forfeited and the City of Pilot Point may rebook the Facilities without any further obligation to the person or organization that reserved Facilities.
- All reservations shall require a Reservation and Damage Deposit, which must be paid in full a minimum of 30 days in advance of the booking. Failure to tender the required Reservation and Damage Deposit within the thirty (30) working days period to booking shall result in the cancellation of the tentative reservation. The City Secretary or designee will reserve a room up to one year in advance.
- The facilities are available to rent weekdays from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m. or on the weekends from 8 a.m. until 11 p.m. with the following exceptions:
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the Facilities may not be available on the Friday prior to, or the Monday after the holiday in accordance with the "City" holiday schedule.
- If the reservation is made less than one month in advance, the Reservation and Damage Deposit is due within ten working days, and all rental fees are due within seven (7) working days of the reservation, but in any event at least two days before the rental date.
- Keys to the Facilities may be picked up at the Pilot Point Community Library, during normal business days, no sooner than the day before the day of rental, or on Friday for weekend rentals.
- Security personnel as needed, will be additional charges, and shall be compensated by Permittee prior to the start of the event.
- You must be 18 years of age to reserve the building and must be present at all times during the function or activity.
For more information and complete list of policies please refer to the Rental Policies (PDF).
|Pilot Point Resident||$200|
||Cost Per Day
||Cost Per Hour
||Minimum Time Length
|Pilot Point Resident